London Visit

London!

I had a quick break between work and school so decided to make the best of it and head to London for a week! One of my good friends from university is there working for the year so with the lure of free accommodation in mind, I booked my ticket and started my research. I had been to London once before with my family so the usual touristy spots were covered (think Big Ben, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace). From past travels, I knew that we are primarily interested in 1) good food, 2) cool views and 3) fun shopping. With this in mind, the trip was heavily focused on where we were eating next and trying to experience the not so touristy London.

We were staying in Shoreditch, which has amazing food and the coolest graffiti. I've compiled a list of the best food we ate throughout the week!!

1. Ottolenghi - 50 Artillery Ln, London

We had the shakshuka here and swapped for the soughdough bread on the side, it was amazing! Creamy but so flavourful, we finished it in about a minute and bought an almond croissant for the road. I love the Ottolenghi cookbooks and to visit the restaurant in person was as good as expected.

2. Pastaio - 19 Ganton St, Soho, London

We had intended to get Indian for dinner from the uber popular Disoom but the wait was approx 1.5 hours so we quickly pivoted and found Pastaio which had one table left for the two
of us! We split two pasta dishes, the Cacio e Pepe and the Wild Boar, Rabbit and Pork Agnoli and topped them off with the Blood Orange Prosecco Slushy. Both were delicious and I have never been as full as when we left here.

3. Sketch - 9 Conduit St, Mayfair

Sketch was a choice 100% based on the instagram photos we had seen, the all pink room with the cool drawings surrounding you - its an instagramers dream! Unfortunately the pink room is just for high tea and reservations, so we were seated in The Parlour which had an almost alice in wonderland theme. The food and tea was still amazing, we had a Rhubarb Tart and Caramel Millefeuille.

4. Bone Daddies - The Bower, 211 Old Street, London


A chain that has a couple stops throughout London, Bone Daddies was a delicious choice for one of our dinners. They provide everything you could need for the true ramen experience, a bib, pickled garlic, chilli oil, chop sticks and a spoon! I had the classic pork ramen and my friend had a vegetarian with corn and mushroom. Both had amazing broth and warmed us right up while we sat out on the patio!

5. Greek Stall, Cambridge Market - Cambridge, UK

This was a quick and easy choice, the platter was full of chicken, french fries, tzatziki and a salad. A delicious meal for under 10 pounds filled us up for the whole afternoon and it was a gorgeous day to eat outside!

Overall we had an amazing trip both in terms of food and fun! I was able to check off the majority of my list, taking advantage of my friends knowledge of public transit and the must-visit areas of London!




Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vibe of London! Heard and read many good things about Shoreditch :) I will check out those places for my next trip to London. Thanks for the info :D !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts